Sunday 24 April 2011

Next steps ...

Next steps (for the builder) ...

We're waiting for the front door frame to be done, so that the rest of the brickwork (downstairs only) can be done. Then, I guess, it's upstairs cladding (in polystyrene, to be later rendered). Followed by the roof tiles, I presume. And then - once all the windows are completely done - that should hopefully take us to lock up stage.

Next steps (for us) ...

BATHROOM CHOICES

At the very least, I think we need to confirm our choice of shower mixer. Toilets have already been selected (Caroma Cube Wall Faced Invisi II) and I believe the specifics for the rest of the bathroom fittings can wait a tiny bit longer.  Hopefully. We pretty much know what we're after (ie. gooseneck mixers for the basin; square or rectangular basins - just not sure if inset or above-counter; island bathtub - preferably double-sided), but for some reason we just haven't got around to making firm and final decisions on the actual specs. Procrastinating?!? Probably.

EXTERIOR COLOUR SELECTIONS

More pressing - I think - is trying to work out the render colours.  But again - hopefully - we can buy some time and wait for it to be actually plastered.  I'm kinda hoping once I see it in real life, from all angles, I'll somehow magically find inspiration and insight into which shades of grey (and possibly white or off-white) is to go where.  At least I pray that's what'll happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment